Wellness Warriors Radio is your go-to resource for open and candid conversation about the nuances of health and wellness. In each episode discover a unique perspective on living optimally. Join us to discuss a wide-range of health topics – sometimes controversial, sometimes with opposing views – setting the stage for you to decide what works best for YOU.
This week, Michal interviews Craig Emmerich, who along with his wife Maria, have written write one of the most comprehensive books about the ketogenic diet — Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on the Ketogenic Diet. As a guide to getting into ketosis for health, the book discusses the science behind how keto works and clarifies a lot of misinformation surrounding the ketogenic diet.
Together, Craig and Maria have also created online courses for other people looking to improve their own health through a ketogenic diet.
In this episode we talk about…
- How Craig first found his way to the ketogenic diet
- The problem with the “calories in vs calorie out” approach to weight loss
- The thermic effect of food
- What is a protein-modified fast as compared to a water fast
- How to program your body to burn stored fat more than dietary fat
- The role of gluconeogenesis on keto (and why you shouldn’t be afraid of it)
- What oxidative priority is and why it matters
- How your body processes different fuels
- How to eat intuitively
- How Craig and Maria raise their kids on a ketogenic diet
- Craig’s fight with Lyme disease and the impact of a ketogenic diet on his symptoms
Interested in trying the Ketogenic Diet or on Keto and want to maximizing your results? Sign up for the Wellness Warriors Keto Masterclass Interest List! https://bit.ly/wwrketo
After listening, share your experience or questions about this topic our Wellness Warriors Facebook Group!